1) Finish the latter half that monster 80-figure infantry regiment I began in January 2015. Another 40 figures or so. -- Done!
2) Paint the four Minden SYW personality figures, Russian artillery crew, and two Russian guns (a cannon and howitzer) I received from the Grand Duchess and Young Master for Christmas 2015. -- Not achieved. Perhaps, I can use these as small side-projects between the larger cavalry units on the agenda for 2017?
3) Paint limbers, four-horse teams, and limber riders for the approximately one dozen cannon in my two 25-30mm imaginary mid-18th century armies, the Army of Stollen and its nemesis the Army of Zichenau. -- Done!
4) Finish painting a series of female camp followers (laundresses, ladies of ill-repute, and a Lutheran pastor who has his work cut out or him) that have been languishing in my "to do" pile for the last 18 months or so. These are mostly Suren 'Willie' 30mm figures with one or two from Black Hussar Miniatures. -- Done!
5) If time, replace my 25mm MiniFig standard bearers in my infantry units with pairs of Minden standard bearers, which were purchased in early 2015 and have also languished in the "to do" pile, along with some Front Rank cords and finials along with lengths of brass rod, ever since. -- Pending.
As you can see, not necessarily stellar, but things got finished, albeit slowly, and I spent some enjoyable hours plugging away at the various facets of my wargaming hobby, so I'm pleased with the way 2016 went. So, what's the painting plan for 2017 look like? Glad you asked. Here it is:
1) Start and finish four infantry drummers, 11 infantry standard bears, and four-six cavalry standard or guidon bearers to add to existing units or replace existing ones.
2) 30 Eureka Saxon Cuirassiers
3) 30 RSM95 French Cuirassiers in Bearskins
4) 30 rsm95 Prussian dragoons
5) 30 RSM95 Prussian hussars
6) 30 Minden Uhlans de Saxe
7) Four Minden Mounted Personality Figures (Fermor, et al given to me for Christmas 2015)
A lot of metal to paint. Yep. Ambitious? Heck yeah! But I'm going to give it my best shot. Let's see how it goes. Happy New Year everyone!